Home Secretary, Theresa May, has announced details of a revamped Immigration Bill which she claims will make it harder for illegal immigrants to live in the UK.
New measures include:
- Banks to check immigration status of applicants who wish to open accounts,
- Applicants for driving licences would need to prove their immigration status,
- Private landlords required to check the immigration status of potential tenants.
- Limit the use of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights – the right to a private and family life – by illegal immigrants and criminals trying to stay in the UK,
- Restrict the right of immigration detainees behind bars to apply repeatedly for bail,
- Extend the notification period for a wedding to 28 days from 15 to crack down on sham marriages,
- Overseas nationals to prove they are in the country legally before receiving medical treatment from the NHS,
- Non-EU students to pay…
View original post 659 more words